onsdag den 17. marts 2010

Om ingenting

“Some critic called me the Nothingness Himself and that didn’t help my sense of existence any. Then I realized that existence itself is nothing and I felt better. But I’m still obsessed with the idea of looking into the mirror and seeing no one, nothing.”

“I don’t really use makeup but I buy it and I think about it a lot. Makeup is so well-advertised you can’t ignore it completely.”

“... I think of nothing. How it’s always in style. Always in good taste. Nothing is perfect – after all, it’s the opposite of nothing.”

“The thing is to think of nothing. Look, nothing is exciting, nothing is sexy, nothing is not embarrassing. The only time I ever want to be something is outside a party so I can get in.”

”... if something is disappointing I know it’s not nothing because nothing is not disappointing.”

The Philosophy of Andy Warhol, 1975

Ingen kommentarer: